In Reply To...
Confirm post delete
Report a post
You might make a great Transcriber if you:
◦can usually understand what a person is saying in a phone conversation, even over background noises, accents and poor connections
◦enjoy helping customers receive quick and accurate answers to their questions
◦enjoy hearing the amazing variety of questions people ask ChaCha
The Transcriber Role
Transcribers listen to the voice questions that customers call into 1-800-2ChaCha and convert them to text questions. Transcribers are far better than any computer at deducing what our customers are asking, and correctly interpreting nuances and names. Note that this role is not like being a telephone operator - you hear only recorded audio. While you have no direct interaction with the customer, it is your speed and skill that enables the customer to receive a fast and accurate answer. Good hearing and understanding of voices is crucial to this position. If you are often saying “What did you say?” into your own phone, this might not be a good fit for you. Or maybe you just need a better phone or headset!
◦Listen to audio recordings
◦Transcribe the question into text
◦Modify the text if necessary to focus it on the pertinent question and info
◦Great hearing (so you can get every detail from audio recordings that are less-than-perfect at times)
◦Good spelling & fast typing
◦Broad general knowledge (so you have the context to quickly recognize names and places)
◦Good intelligence (to figure out what customers are really asking when they call in)
ChaCha recognizes its Guides in a number of cool ways. We recognize top performers before our large Guide community and feature them prominently on ChaCha.com, one of the Top 150 websites on the Internet and home to millions of visitors each month! While you can decide how much or how little you want to Guide, your opportunity to shine is unlimited.
Transcribers have two ways to earn. TR Guides can earn $0.03 per completed transaction in ChaCha’s Traditional mode or can earn 2 points per transaction if they decide to participate in GuideShare. Points are given a MINIMUM cash value at the beginning of each month. That value increases as the total number of sessions of all GuideShare guides increases. So, the more sessions you and the rest of the Guide population complete under Points mode, the more everyone’s Points are worth! Contests are available to boost points and encourage competition.
Give it a shot! Do you have what it takes to be a Transcriber? Ready for a seat on the bridge of one of the hottest information services in the world? Help ChaCha take the next step in delivering incredible Mobile Answers by being a Transcriber. Like every ChaCha Guide role, work hours are completely flexible.
For Job Seekers
Are you currently receiving SSI/SSDI benefits and want to work at home or at an onsite location near you? If so, we can help. We offer free job placement services for candidates currently receiving SSDI/SSI benefits and want to work.
My Employment Options has over 500 full- and part-time work-at-home jobs available with reputable national companies. We also offer many on-site jobs in cities throughout the country.
When you qualify as a candidate for one of our employers, we represent you and offer a complete employment placement package to help you find a job that best suits your circumstances. Learn how to assign your Ticket to Work.
Objective Call Center Evaluators Needed
ARC Consulting, LLC is growing and we are always in need of exceptional people to represent our company. We are looking for versatile individuals with an excellent telephone presence, keenly developed listening skills, strong attention to detail, excellent writing skills, objectivity and a desire to provide a great service to our clients.
Put your Natural Talents on the ARC Front Line
Our staff provides remote call monitoring, telephone mystery shopping, customer care satisfaction surveys, and competitor analysis calls. ARC provides in-depth training for the right people and some of our employees advance to provide one-on-one call center coaching to our clients. You will be at the frontlines of our business and will represent us with excellence and professionalism.
Telecommuting & Great Flexibility
ARC currently employs telecommuters from all over the nation. We are committed to including disabled adults and home-based parents in our call analysis workforce. We believe employment that accommodates family and quality of life makes for a much more productive and positive workforce. Our call center analysts work a variety of hours and schedules. This dovetails well with the needs of our clients, who often require call center evaluation during evening and weekend times in addition to the standard 9 to 5 workday.
A Great Fit that Works with Your Lifestyle
We encourage those with customer service related backgrounds to contact ARC about our call center analyst positions. ARC will also consider applicants with different backgrounds who have the right stuff to become our analysts. Parents, disabled adults, grandparents, students, and those looking for a second income may all benefit from this employment opportunity.
Are you ready to find out if ARC is the right place for you?
If you think you have the right stuff to work with ARC, please email Cheryl Thibault at email@example.com with a copy of your resume and a letter with the main highlights we should know about you. We look forward to hearing from you.
Brand Ambassador - Eddie Bauer
The Brand Ambassador is responsible for assisting VIPdesk’s client’s customers via phone. The Brand Ambassador will help customers by answering questions about products and their availability, executing transactions promptly, advertising sales and promotions, and providing information on additional products or services that may be of interest to the customer. The Brand Ambassador will use a variety of resources and information to assist customers in a prompt, professional, and concise manner.
Brand Ambassadors will work 25-40 hours a week. Weekend and holiday work is required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other responsibilities may be assigned.
- Handles customer requests on behalf of VIPdesk’s client, Eddie Bauer, from home office via phone, email, and/or chat.
- Interacts with customers to provide information in response to inquiries about products and services and to handle and resolve complaints.
- Provides assistance to customers on site navigation, client policies, product information and all questions related to the client’s product and sales.
- Meets client sales target by utilizing upselling and cross-selling techniques.
- Offers credit cards and other loyalty programs on behalf of Eddie Bauer.
- Uses Eddie Bauer ordering system to process orders in an efficient manner.
- Represents client in a professional, courteous manner.
- Attends meetings and trainings as required to obtain new and pertinent information about the client and their products and services.
- Applies high quality customer service guidelines while servicing customers.
- Applies client and VIPdesk policies as applicable whenever interacting with customers.
- Meet or exceed all program metrics as outlined in training and manuals (e.g., attendance, quality, sales, etc.).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Able to sit in a confined position for 95% of each scheduled shift,
- Keys data into the computer system and views a computer screen repetitively.
- Due to the home-based nature of this job, the Brand Ambassadors is required to have a home-office environment, phone line, internet connection, and a computer system that meets VIPdesk policies and maintenance requirements, including system upgrades as applicable, which may change over time.
- High-school diploma or equivalent required. Some college preferred.
- 1+ years related customer service experience.
- Sales experience required.
- Able to thrive in a performance-based environment and motivated by sales goals and incentives.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong computer and internet skills. Able to learn quickly in a technical environment.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Able to type at least 35 words per minute.
- Knowledge of credit card policies and procedures, and related experience in a call center is a plus.
- Polite, friendly and knowledgeable phone demeanor.
- Highly adaptable, self-motivated and self-disciplined.
- Able to learn and work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Detail oriented with focus on quality and accuracy, ability to multitask, strong sense of urgency and commitment to excellence.
- Able to work weekend and holiday hours.
- Able to successfully pass a credit, criminal and employment reference security check.
- Able to provide a work at home environment that is ergonomically sound, conducive to taking customer calls, quiet and free from distraction;
- Able to supply a computer, internet, and telephone and service that meets the current minimum requirements.
Interested applicants should electronically submit a cover letter and resume, along with salary requirements via our website www.vipdesk.com.
VIPdesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V.
Service Center Assistant
CLAIM YOUR FUTURE AS A GREAT PERFORMER!
PRIMARY PURPOSE:To expedite the Customer Service claims application process; to ensure correct case assignment; and to act as a customer liaison in assisting the customer with the correct contact person to resolve problems and/or questions.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
When applicable and appropriate, consideration will be given to reasonable accommodations.
The statements contained in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a colleague assigned to this description. They are not intended to constitute a comprehensive list of functions, duties, or local variances. Management retains the discretion to add or to change the duties of the position at any time.
Sedgwick CMS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
SHIFT: Start time between 12:00 pm and 1:00 pm CST (start time is assigned by-weekly and is subject to change based on company need).
Required for candidate to be available to work 4 weekdays and 1 weekend day per week.
TRAINING: 2 week remote and/or on location training (determined by company). Training will take place in between the hours of 9:00 am and 6:00 pm CST - Monday thru Friday (subject to change).
NOTE: These positions will be Work-At-Home Opportunities for qualified candidates. Sedgwick CMS to provide payment for internet connectivity and dedicated phone line. Service Center Assistant to be responsible for maintaining reliable connectivity at their home. Must have dedicated work space for quiet work at home environment.
Here is the info:
Click Here to apply. To be able to find the job, you will have to enter Customer Service/Call Center in the drop down field where it states area of interest. Then leave everything else blank. When you do this you will see several jobs pop up that has "work from home" along them. You can choose anyone and NOT have to worry about living in that particular city or state because they hire iin every state. Just fill out the application to the one listed.
Teach For America has more than 100 support team members working behind the scenes to maintain the operations of 12 national teams and offices in our 39 placement regions. These staff members play a critical role in the success and growth of our organization by managing the logistical, operational and communication details for our teams. As a support staff member, your responsibilities will primarily focus on supporting a team or senior leaders' administrative needs and setting up systems to keep your team running effectively and efficiently.
Additionally, support staff roles present the opportunity to:
- Enhance organizational systems and project planning ability
- Work in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
- Assist with projects led by team leaders
- Build critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Develop strong relationship building and communication skills
Our most successful support team members often move forward to other exciting opportunities on staff at Teach For America
About Teach For America
Teach For America is the national corps of top recent college graduates who commit to teach for at least two years in urban and rural public schools and become lifelong leaders in the effort to expand educational opportunity. Our mission is to build the movement to eliminate educational inequity by enlisting the nation's most promising future leaders in the effort.
At the start of the 2010-2011 school year, more than 8,200 first- and second-year Teach For America corps members began teaching in 39 regions across the United States. Since 1990, Teach For America corps members have reached more than three million students. More than 20,000 Teach For America alumni are working in education and many other fields, where they continue to advocate for students and families in low-income communities. While only one in six corps members was interested in the teaching profession before joining Teach For America, nearly two-thirds of its alumni remain in the field of education.
Teach For America's culture and work is grounded in and guided by a deep commitment to pursuing true transformational change for students growing up in low-income communities. It is a leadership development organization - committed to fostering staff members, corps members and alumni who establish a clear and bold vision for the future, set measurable and ambitious goals, work purposefully and strategically to achieve that vision, always operate with a deep sense of possibility and with perseverance, and define broadly what is within its control to solve. It is an organization committed to its people, to diversity and inclusion, and to operating with respect and humility toward the other important people and organizations working to advance the cause of educational excellence for all children.
Teach For America is a high-growth, outcomes-oriented organization, with a $220 million budget and over 1,500 staff. In 2011, it was named a Fortune 100 Best Company to Work For. The organization operates in an entrepreneurial environment, maintains focus on quantitative measures, and is committed to continuous improvement.
Support staff members often assist senior leaders and entire teams with their day-to-day administrative work, and therefore need to manage a number of details. Strong performers in these roles are organized, have excellent communication and customer service skills and enjoy completing behind the scenes tasks efficiently, reliably and accurately. Specific job tasks vary slightly depending on individual positions but overall themes and responsibilities are highlighted below.
Day to day activities:
- Managing team calendars and scheduling travel
- Data entry and tracking
- Serving as the main point of contact for email inquires and requests
- Program or event planning/support
- Managing the logistics for team conferences or events
- Creating and maintaining organization systems to increase team productivity and effectiveness
- Acting as a liaison to building management, vendors, and Teach For America's national support teams, such as technology, marketing, administration and finance
Long term projects:
- Tracking and processing budgets, reimbursements, payment requests and funding allocations
- Preparing data spreadsheets, reports and team communications
- Conducting research
- Managing and contributing to special projects and new initiatives
Candidate Profile and Experience Prerequisites
A competitive candidate for staff positions at Teach For America will be committed to excellence in their work, operate with a positive attitude, and be driven by our mission of closing the achievement gap for children growing up in low-income communities.
Additionally, for our support staff, we look for individuals who thrive in roles where they are managing logistics, consistently performing routine procedures and maintaining office systems. Individuals in these roles must be strong self-starters and able to execute at a high level independently in order to make the work load of the broader team more manageable. Applicants should also have a passion for our mission and demonstrate respect and humility for everyone involved in this work as well as the communities we serve. Learn about our core values and mission.
- Enjoy organizing, plan well, meet deadlines and work efficiently
- Thrive in behind-the-scenes roles
- Approach projects with a strong sense of possibility and eagerness
- Possess exceptional organization skills and attention to detail
- Communicate well and receive feedback with enthusiasm
- Take personal responsibility for their work and professional growth
- Have awareness of the urgency and importance of the work our organization does and respect for the communities we serve.
- Can use MS Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point
*Previous support experience preferred but not required
Application Requirements and Process
Teach For America plans to hire more than 100 support staff members this year to work in a variety of roles throughout the organization and across the country.
Interested candidates must first complete the support staff application linked at the end of this application. Our Human Assets team will review applications on a rolling basis. Individuals moving forward in our hiring process will receive more information about specific positions and next steps in the interview process via email.
Required application materials
- Application questions
- NO COVER LETTER REQUIRED
Benefits and Salary
Salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience. In addition, a comprehensive benefits package is included.
Anti-Discrimination Policy and Commitment to Diversity
Teach For America seeks individuals of all ethnic and racial backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization, as we want to engage all those who can contribute to this effort.
Please submit your resume with your application. Apply now at https://teachforamerica.taleo.net/careersection/01/jobdetail.ftl?&job=11193
For more information or if you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join Our Team
If you have at least 2 years of cold calling experience, a track record of excellent appointment setting results, and a strong, dedicated work ethic, we encourage you to apply for a position with Virtual Appoint.
Appointment Setting Associate – Virtual Appoint is currently hiring associates to provide appointment setting services to our clients. Our clients include companies spanning a wide range of industries within the US. This is a work-from-home office, independent contractor position.
- You MUST have at least 2 years of cold calling experience – unfortunately, there are no exceptions. Cold calling experience should include calling cold leads to set up appointments for companies/executives and/or sales cold calling.
- A great attitude and a desire to make calls and book qualified appointments for our clients.
- You must be available to work at least 30 hours per week, Monday through Friday. Preference will be given to candidates who are able to work 40 hours per week.
- You must have a dedicated phone line so that personal calls do not interfere with your customer calls. You will not be reimbursed for phone calls, so you must have a long distance plan that accommodates unlimited monthly minutes.
- You must have access to a quiet, distraction free environment at home. Television, radio, and dog barking are a distraction to you and the person you’re calling.
You must have a computer with the following specifications:
- Internet Browser: Internet Explorer 6.0 or Higher, Mozilla, or Safari
- Internet Connection: High Speed DSL or Cable connection only (Sorry, no modem access OR Satellite connections.)
Benefits / Pay:
- Hourly, plus customer retention bonuses
- Associates are paid biweekly through Pay Pal
- Friendly, accessible management staff
- No commute – save on gas
- No dress code – wear what you want – no dry cleaning bills
- Most importantly – work from the privacy and comfort of your own home office
This is an independent contractor position. Virtual Appoint does not offer insurance or vacation related benefits.
Home Based Call Center Agent Wanted- perfect for stay at home mom, retiree, or any one looking for a flexible and reliable job.
Well established call center looking for outstanding Customer Service and Sales Representatives for entry level position - PART TIME – WILL TRAIN. Make telephone calls for a variety of clients from universities to newspapers all from the comfort of your home office. Candidates must be goal oriented self-starters who are seeking a challenging and rewarding career. Ongoing coaching and support are provided.
Duties and Responsibilities: You will be working from your home computer conducting telephone sales and customer service calls. You must be able to maintain a high level of professionalism and meet goals set forth by the Company. Candidates must also enjoy talking with people, be willing to develop new skills, and be a team player.
Pay MAY include hourly rate plus the opportunity for performance bonuses depending on campaign.
Please visit us online for more information and to apply:
Compensation: hour + commissions
Telecommuting is ok.
This is a part-time job
Anyone looking for some good short task sites, here are a few:
TenBux - What would you do for $5 or $10?| Home
Home | CloudCrowd - We're working on it. Lots of us.
Microworkers - work & earn or offer a micro job
Work from Home Contact Center Specialist Job in Telecommute
Work from Home Contact Center Specialist
About the Job
This position provides a wonderful opportunity to work from home for an industry leader that has been in business for 40 years. We are currently looking for 10 candidates in the states of Nebraska, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas and Missouri. Check us out at Providing Markets, Protecting Assets :: State National Companies
The Contact Center Specialist will be responsible for responding to inbound calls from borrowers and financial institutions relating to the [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue ! important]insurance[/COLOR][/COLOR] status of loans as well as performing insurance verifications via phone and internet, entering all information into a proprietary system.
• Respond to a high volume of incoming phone calls from borrowers and accounts regarding the insurance status of loans, and make necessary changes or updates to account records via a proprietary system.
• Quickly analyze account history and provide accurate information to assist in resolving the customer issue.
• Perform insurance verification via phone and internet to verify insurance and input data into to a proprietary system, within agreed performance standards.
• Manage multiple priorities and exercise good decision-making skills.
• Process refunds on Collateral Protection Insurance policies upon receipt of insurance documentation or verbal verification.
• Provide follow-up as necessary to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Maintain courtesy and professionalism on all calls in order to provide outstanding customer service to all callers.
• Meet/exceed productivity and quality standards.
• Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service
• Must have intermediate computer knowledge and familiarity with navigating the internet
• Excellent customer service skills
• Must have good oral and written communication skills
• Spanish bilingual a plus
• Good problem solving and analytical skills
• Good organizational skills
• Must be a self-starter and disciplined; not easily distracted while working at home
• Must be able to work independently
• Strong work ethic
• Ability to troubleshoot and fix minor problems with computer system
• Ability to key a minimum of 6,000 alpha-numeric keystrokes per hour
• High School Diploma or equivalent required
• Some college preferred
• Minimum of one year of customer service experience
• Prior experience with automobile insurance or collateral protection insurance is a plus
• In home office must be a quiet, uninterrupted work environment during all working hours. (no children, pets, etc)
• Must have a secondary phone in order to call into the office
• Cable or DSL modem and router must be located near the PC for cabling purposes.
• PC must not be used by any other household member.
• No software will be installed on the PC without approval from SNC management.
• Must have the ability to sit for long periods of time
• Will be required to communicate via phone for extended periods of time
• Can be depended upon to complete work in a timely, accurate and thorough manner and is conscientious about assignments.
Company Provided Technology
• PC and monitor
• IP SoftPhone
• 5 port switch
• Power strip with surge protector
Employee Provided Technology
High Speed Internet Connection. Any internet provider is acceptable provided it meets minimum requirements below:
• Must have Ethernet, wireless not acceptable.
• Download speed: minimum of 5.0 Mbps
• Updload speed: minimum 1. Mbps
Job Code: 1041-466219
Location: Chicago, IL
Shift: Part Time
Part Time Verifications Specialist that will verify and process data required by clients to complete pre-employment background checks on candidates. This is a part-time job - maximum hours that can be worked is 34 hours in a week. Must be able to work within business hours 8am-5pm Monday - Friday and be able to start ASAP. This candidate can be located anywhere in the United States.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Interviews references and verifies professional and education credentials of job candidates via phone calls or other viable sources, exercising tenacity in locating appropriate sources to retrieve reliable and accurate facts on job candidates.
• Communication with supervisors and all third parties.
• Plans, directs, organizes, and controls the process of verifying background and credentials for clients of HR Plus.
• Maintains detailed records and summaries of the verification process.
• Continuously maintains and communicates to HR Plus comprehensive documentation learned pertaining to client specific requirements
• Transcribes notes as appropriate to support the results of the verification process.
• Follows all policies and procedures or HR Plus, including those relating to submitting time and information reports.
• Responds to client issues and concerns and advises supervisor of alternatives in attempting to meet and resolve them.
• Plans, schedules, and tracks work.
• Able to complete a minimum of at least an average of 3 verification tasks per hour worked, measured on a weekly basis when the available work permits, that meet HR Plus standards.
• Follows standard operating procedures to ensure that the proper process has been followed when obtaining a verification.
• Reviews the client specifics in order to meet each client's needs and expectations.
• Performs duties related to the verification process as assigned.
• Performs duties of similar complexity as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• High School diploma is required
• Must be proficient with use of internet and Microsoft Windows Operating software. Must be able to learn other software programs as required.
• Must be outgoing, energetic and creative.
• Must be able to handle diverse situations and interact well with diverse individuals at all levels.
• Must be detail oriented and able to stay focused when working on lengthy projects, and able to handle constantly changing priorities.
• Must possess excellent proofreading skills with a high degree of accuracy.
• Must be capable of working independently, taking initiative, following through and meeting deadlines.
• Must appropriately handle and protect highly confidential information.
• Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Must operate with the highest integrity
The statements in this job description summarize general details necessary to describe the essential functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required, and the scope of responsibility. This job description should not be considered to be and is not an all-inclusive listing of all work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned.
This position will be based in the HR Plus offices in Chicago (near Rosemont).
We offer a pay-per-task compensation structure, world class training and opportunities for career advancement.
HR Plus and AlliedBarton are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
AlliedBarton Security Service is the largest American-owned security company in the United States yet we recognize that any one individual can make a real difference. AlliedBarton is known as the most responsive security services provider and strives to provide world-class service. Our environment is entrepreneurial, dynamic and customer-focused. We are industry leaders, determined to serve and secure the people, homes, and businesses of our communities!
Are you daring enough to be a leader who sees challenges as an adventure? Embark upon an exciting career journey while helping us to create our future, determine our destiny, and Dare to be GREAT! We need professionals who want to Grow, take Responsibility, be Empowered, desire Achievement, and experience positive relationships built on Trust! So what are you waiting for?
Be daring, be GREAT, be one of us!
The St. Louis Contact Center for Enterprise Holdings EAN Services currently has openings for Work from Home - Reservation Sales Representatives . Enterprise Holdings is the parent company of multi-billion dollar brands Alamo Rent A Car, Enterprise Rent-A-Car, and National Car Rental. The Contact Center provides support to all three brands and their business operations. Working from home as a Reservation Sales Representative, you will handle inbound calls from across the US and Canada, assisting customers with reservation sales and various customer inquiries. This position offers paid training, competitive benefits and discounts, a professional and friendly team environment.
- Must live in (314) or (636) area code
- Schedules include working afternoons, evenings and weekends (Saturday and Sunday)
- The starting pay for this position is $11.10/hr with the opportunity to bonus based on individual and team performance
- Successful completion of 4 week New Hire training class (Mon-Fri, 8a-5p each day) held at the St. Louis Contact Center facility is required
- Handling incoming calls efficiently resolving a variety of basic customer service inquiries
- Making reservations for offices nationwide
- Provide excellent customer service to customers
- Consistently meet established performance and quality standards
- Locate and interpret complex information from a number of databases
- Communicate information considered unsatisfactory by customers in a tactful manner
- Handle multiple tasks (ie., talking with customers while accessing information in a computer)
- Offer alternatives and options to overcome objections
- Cross-sell and up-sell associated items
- Maintain a courteous and pleasant demeanor while speaking with external and internal customers
Additional Skills Required:
- Able to learn quickly in a technical environment
- Computer literacy required - able to successfully navigate and maneuver across multiple applications simultaneously
- Good typing, data entry and spelling skills
- Self-starter and disciplined; not easily distracted while working at home
- Ability to trouble-shoot and fix minor computer problems independently
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication including grammar and voice quality
- Detail oriented, ability to multitask, strong sense of urgency and commitment to excellence
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Ability to adhere to Contact Center dress code guidelines while attending training.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Minimum of 6 months previous customer service experience
- Minimum 1 year work experience at the same employer
- Previous sales experience in a retail or customer service environment or equivalent, preferred
- Must be able to work 40 hours per week
- Must be able to work afternoon and evening schedules, based on business need
- Must be able to work both weekend days (Saturday & Sunday)
- Must have the ability to meet PC, Internet, and telephone equipment requirements
Work From Home Requirements:
- Must live in (314) or (636) area code
- Ability to attend 4 week New Hire Training class at the St. Louis Contact Center. Training is Monday-Friday from 8-5pm.
- Have permanent residence with a defined working space (home office, spare bedroom, etc.) that is clean, ventilated and quiet
- Working space with working smoke detector, fire extinguisher, and first aid kit
Work From Home Technical Requirements:
Employee is required to provide the following equipment that meets the current minimum requirements:
- Computer (PC)
- High speed internet service
- Separate land telephone line
- Corded headset
Enterprise reserves the right to verify that your PC meets or exceeds the following requirements.
Title: Technical Support Representative (Level I)
You will be an on-call tech. When the call volume warrants, you will be contacted by a supervisor to take calls on your provided VoIP phone until you are no longer needed. If you fail to answer or deny the supervisor 4 times, you will be required to work in the office from that point forward. You will be held to the same standards as in-house techs. You are expected to read and abide by the policy handbook. Any violations of company policies will result in the same actions as stated in the employee handbook. If for any reason your employment is ended it is the responsibility of the employee to delete all provided software and return all provided equipment within 7 days of the last day of employment. Failing to do so will result in your last paycheck being docked the full amount for all provided equipment.
1-800-FLOWERS.COM's customer contact center, recent winner of the global call center of the year award, is currently recruiting agents for its Work from Home Customer Service team. This team provides professional, courteous, responsive and accurate service to our customers from the comfort and convenience of their home office. Sales and Service Specialists serve as the first contact customers have with the company and will be responsible for the effective and efficient handling of customer needs. The Sales and Service Specialists will be completing transactions in real time, working simultaneously with multiple software applications; consistently following up on promises and commitments on a timely basis; appropriately identifying and escalating unresolved issues.
Successful candidates will meet the following qualifications:
- Must be a resident and live in the following states Arizona, Delaware, Florida, Illinois ,Montana, New Hampshire New Mexico, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma, Texas and Oregon
- Highly PC literate and have their own PC with a reliable high-speed Internet connection
- Ability to type 35 words per minute is essential
- Prior call center experience strongly preferred
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or older and have a high school diploma or GED to apply
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required. Fundamental math skills required
- Strong sales skills
- Highly motivated and Dependable
Hardware, Software, Workstation Specifications: Minimum Requirements
- Cable or DSL provider (No Wireless or Satellite), VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) compatible.
- Minimum up load speed: 500 kbps
- Minimum download speed: 1.5 mbps
- 1.8 GHZ Processor ( minimum of a Pentium 4 processor or equivalent processor)
- 1 GB of RAM
- Sound card with speakers
- 17" Flat Panel Display recommended (capable of 1280 x 1024), 15" minimum
- Dedicated telephone line with the ability to disable features such as call waiting, forwarding, etc. No cellular/wireless phones are permitted.
- Digital Telephones & VoIP Telephones are permitted as your alternate telephone lines. Services such as Magic Jack that connect through a USB port are not permitted.
- A corded telephone with headset capability. Must be a corded traditional telephone. No cordless telephone allowed. Please note you will need both a USB headset and a separate headset for your landline telephone.
- USB headset (PC compatible) with a built-in digital signal processor has a noise-cancelling microphone
- You will also need a good quality telephone headset compatible with your land line telephone.
- Windows XP, Vista, or Windows 7 Operating system
- Internet Explorer 6.0 or above
- Microsoft Office, including Microsoft Word and Excel WinZip, Adobe Acrobat reader. - Free download available on the Web
- Antivirus Software: Valid software with current and updated virus definitions
- AIM: Free download available at www.aim.com
- A personal email account with a professional user name.
- Office Furniture: A sturdy desk and a comfortable sturdy chair at a comfortable height with adequate back support. (5 legged chair highly recommended)
- Battery Backup: UPS/Battery Power Supply including surge
- Your workstation must be in a private, quiet area away from others in your residence and background noise
How to Apply
Please provide us with your contact information so we can email you when we begin hiring for the Mother's Day holiday. Please provide us your name, email address, your telephone number and the state in which your reside.